I write fantasy. Young adult and medieval . . .
Clean fantasy with threads of mystery, beauty, and adventure.
Fantasy draws us into journeys through mountains, deserts, and cities – under stars near and far. Fantasy sub-genres reveal kings and kingdoms in love and war, and characters that struggle toward hope. Fantasy draws us into conflict with other minds and alliance with other souls.
We are not alone in our battle to overcome, in our longing for beauty, our search for a sense of mystery in new worlds.
Great fantasy like Anna Thayer’s The Knight of Eldaran trilogy; Andrew Peterson’s The Wingfeather Saga; Elizabeth Stengl’s Dragonwitch; and K. M. Weiland’s Wayfarer and Dreamlander bring us through hope and despair, weakness and strength to behold evil and good and the promise of a new future.
As readers of clean fantasy, many of us seek hope in adventure, discover hearts forged true, and find security in eternal things.
Within the eternal, wound as a living thread through all epic fantasy, there is a call. That clarion call rings across the worlds: A cry of hope.
That hope is especially clear in what I personally call mythic fantasy, new worlds that reflect our Creator and our relationship to Him and to each other in some way.
Crossover, discover clean fantasy for yourself. It does not have to be sentimental and boring. Find the eternal adventure in my YA and fantasy adventure books here.
Then sign up for my Blog Letter in the side-bar for book giveaways, news, and more reader swag!
- And Don’t Miss:
- Speculative Faith for a library of Clean Fantasy Adventure, articles on Fantasy, a Fantasy Podcast and more.
- My Resources page for the complete list of my favorite authors and books.
- K. M. Weiland author of Storming and an author with Writer’s Digest: Structuring Your Novel
- Randy Ingermanson for: Advanced Fiction Writing, The “Snowflake Guy”
- Joanna Penn for creative writing skills and marketing and publishing: The Creative Penn
- David Bergsland for creative writing skills in InDesign: The Skilled Workman
- Joel Friedlander for many helpful products, templates, and Indie blog posts: The Book Designer
- Shelley Hitz for Author Audience Academy/Christian Book Academy and Christian marketing
I love hiking outdoors where the green smells and unknown horizons call me to spunky and spontaneous adventure. Fantasy with hints of mystery is my reading and writing love. Laughing and keeping the eternal in view helps me overcome. Northern Idaho is my home, while music takes me to other wondrous places. To name a few soundtracks: LOTR, 13th Warrior, King Raven, The Katurran Odyssey, The Last Samurai, Enya, and Eragon. Epic fantasy takes me where I long to roam among glorious adventures.
Long live authors and readers!
A life-time lover of books, Azalea took writing classes with her Associate of Science, devours writing how-to books from James Scott Bell to Deborah Chester, and critiques other manuscripts for her online critique group, Fantasy for Christ. She’s a member of The Christian PEN and the American Copy Editors Society.