I write YA and medieval fantasy . . .
Fantasy with threads of mystery, beauty, and adventure.
To expand your world.
Fantasy whirl us into new worlds where young and old discover adventure in mountains, deserts, and cities – under stars near and far. The many genres reveal kings, kingdoms, and hearts in love and war, struggle and hope. Fantasy draws us into conflict and alliance with other hearts and minds. We are not alone in our battle to overcome, in our longing for beauty, romance, and adventure.
Great fantasy books like Anna Thayer’s The Knight of Eldaran trilogy; Andrew Peterson’s The Wingfeather Saga; Lisa Tawn Bergrin’s The River of Time series; K. M. Weiland’s Storming; Mary Pearson’s Remnant Chronicles; Stephen Lawhead’s King Raven trilogy; we navigate hope and despair, weakness and strength, evil and goodness in grand adventure.
Within all great fantasy there is a call. That clarion call is hope. It is especially clear in what I call mythic fantasy, and it tugs at me.
Hope sought in adventure, forged in beauty, and found in things that are eternal.
If you want more info about my YA and fantasy adventure books click here.
See my Resources page for a list of my favorite authors and books.
And sign up for my Blog Letter in the side-bar for quote graphics, news, and reader swag!
- K. M. Weiland of Storming and author with Writer’s Digest: Structuring Your Novel
- Randy Ingermanson for: Advanced Fiction Writing, The “Snowflake Guy”
- Joanna Penn for creative writing skills and marketing and publishing: The Creative Penn
- David Bergsland for creative writing skills in InDesign: The Skilled Workman
- Joel Friedlander for many helpful products, templates, Indie blog posts: The Book Designer
- Shelley Hitz for Author Audience Academy and Christian marketing
- Derek Murphy for DIY Indie Author Platform building for YA authors and its Face Book group : AAYAA (An Alliance of Young Adult Authors)
I love the outdoors and adventure, where I am more spunky and spontaneous. Fantasy with hints of the mythic, in all genres, is my reading and writing love. Laughing and keeping the eternal in view helps me overcome, though tears fall at times, as they do for everyone in this life. The piney woods of high-desert Oregon are my home, while music takes me far places: 13th Warrior, King Raven, The Katurran Odyssey, The Last Samurai, Conan the Barbarian (not the movie, the music), the Secret Garden, Enya, and Eragon (My current favorite movie). Epic fantasy takes me where I long to roam: Narnia, LOTR, The Blue Sword, Crown Duel, The Deed of Paksenarrion, Firebird, and the River of Time Series, among many glorious adventures.
Long live authors, book-makers, and readers!
A life-time lover of books, Azalea took writing classes with her Associate of Science, devoured how-to books from James Scott Bell to Sol Stein, and volunteer edits for Castle Gate Press. She critiques and edits other manuscripts, including her online critique group, Fantasy for Christ. She’s a member of The Christian PEN and the American Copy Editors Society.